This weeks’ recipe is one of my favourite comfort foods as I’m a huge fan of the humble spud. I usually make these on a Sunday evening with leftover mashed potato from dinner. I ’m sure you could add scallions (spring onions) or cheese or a variety of other things to this depending on your own tastes but for me it’s perfect with just the potato!
12oz cooked mashed potato
6oz plain flour
- Turn on pan on low heat and add a knob of butter.
- Mix leftover cooled mashed potato with plain flour.
- Shape mixture into cakes and coat with a little flour to prevent sticking to pan.
- Once butter is melted in pan add potato cakes and cook until golden brown, then turn and repeat on other side.
- Serve with salad and a knob of butter on top…. YUM!
Here are some other recipes you might like: