Our carrots have finally made an appearance and the first thing I thought of was this hearty Ragu.
45ml Olive Oil
2tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp. diced carrot
2 tbsp. diced celery
350g Mince Beef
250ml White Wine
500g Tinned Tomatoes
- Put Olive Oil and butter into saucepan on a medium heat. Add onions and when onions soft add carrots and celery and let soften.
- Add beef and mix until browned. Add white wine and let reduce, then add milk and let reduce.
- Once all the milk is reduced add the tomatoes and stir until bubbling,
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 3 hours.
- Serve with cheese of your choice on top
Other posts you might enjoy: