In honour of our remaining 3 onions from last years crop this weeks recipe is Sausages with fried onions and peppers.
1 Artisan Sausage (We get ours at the weekly food market)
1 White Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
4 Cloves of Garlic
¼ glass of White Wine.
1. Place the sausage in a large pan on medium heat, and brown on all sides. Take the sausage out of the pan and slice it.
2. Melt butter in the pan and then add the white onion and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in red bell pepper and green bell pepper.
3. Add the basil to season and then stir in white wine.
4. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
5. Add the sausage slices back into the pan, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes to fully heat the sausage.